The Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation is pleased to announce the eight team captains for this year’s All-AKPsi Academic Team. From the 341 juniors and seniors named to the team earlier this month, these eight co-captains have been selected to represent the team and will each receive $250 educational grants from the foundation:
- Veronika Alex, Rochester ‘11
- David Baboolall, Carnegie Mellon ‘11
- Gregory Cohen, Florida ‘12
- Amish Desai, Michigan ‘11
- Kevin Krautscheid, Santa Clara ‘11
- Cara Mannion, Florida ‘12
- Wade TenHaken, Arizona ‘13
- Joshua Wong, Long Beach State ‘12
Each year the All-AKPsi Academic Team honors individuals who balance academics with leadership in their chapters and communities. To apply, students need to be juniors or seniors and have GPAs of 3.50 or higher.
The foundation extends its gratitude to this year’s selection committee which had the monumental task of narrowing the list of 341 individuals down to eight team captains: Elliot Brown, CSU-Fullerton ’02; Nathan Cape, Northern Colorado ’05-Life; Brittany Folds, Western Carolina ’06; Kacey Marr, Kentucky ’07; Thomas McMillian, Texas Tech ’01; Yakov Shenkman, Pennsylvania ’03; Joshua Silberman, American ’04; and Katie Tompkins, Alabama ’06-Life.