Become a Volunteer
Fraternity Board of Directors
The directors of the Fraternity Board are elected by the Chapter Congress. One year of previous volunteer service is required to serve on the board. For more information, please contact the Fraternity CEO.
Director: A representative of the governance body of the fraternity; represents the entire membership and its best interests; serves as the long-term strategic body of the Fraternity; develops policies to ensure implementation of the strategic plan
- Elected by Chapter Congress
- Three year term
- Time commitment: 2 weekend in-person meetings per year, and 4 hours per month committee/follow-up work
Foundation Board of Directors
Director: Responsible for setting polices, strategies, fundraising goals, plans, an operational budget and overall vision for the Foundation
- Elected by Foundation members
- Three year term
- Time commitment: 1-2 weekend in-person meetings per year, and 4 hours per month committee/follow-up work
Judiciary Committee Member (description coming soon)
Independent Investigating Officer (description coming soon)
The President, Executive Vice President are elected positions of the Management Team. Please contact the Managing Director of Student Services for more information on these positions. The Area Vice Presidents and Regional Directors are appointed by the Fraternity Board of Directors.
Regional Management Team
Regional Manager: Oversees a functional area within the region.
- Time commitment: ~ 3-5 hours/weeks
Section Director: Oversees a limited number of chapters and volunteers
- Time commitment: ~ 5 hours/week
Chapter Advisor: Oversees a collegiate chapter
- TIme commitment: ~ 2-3 hours/week
Chapter Advisory Board: Advises an individual chapter on a functional area within the chapter.
- One year term
- Time commitment: ~ 2-3 hours/month
Additional Committees and Opportunities
Speaker: responsible for sharing knowledge with the membership via webinar, e-learning or in-person event (PBLI or College of Leadership). For more information, please contact the Director of Education.
– How am I selected/appointed: Presenters are chosen by the director of education based on educational content needs
– What is my time commitment: sessions vary from 15 to 90 minutes based on need
Case Competition Judge: responsible for serving as a judge of the Foundation sponsored Case Competition at a regional Principled Business Leadership Institute.
– How am I selected/appointed: by invitation
– What is my time commitment: approximately 8 hours on Saturday of the PBLI.
Special Interest Project: participate in a special project for the fraternity or foundation.
– How am I selected/appointed: As needed by the chair of the project committee.
– How long is my term: As needed
– What is my time commitment: Varies based on workload.
(Designed for the person who wishes to volunteer but does not want to be locked into a specific role.)