Alpha Kappa Psi is seeking nominations for a volunteer to fill the position of Southeast Regional Director. Richard Ashbrook, the current SE RD has resigned his position, effective immediately.
Parties interested in the position must be nominated by a student or alumni chapter, the fraternity president, a member of the fraternity board or the CEO. A nomination from a student or alumni chapter must be accompanied by the signatures of eight (8) members in good standing. Eligible candidates must be an alumni member in good standing.
Interested individuals should submit their intention for candidacy and submit a fraternal and professional resume on or before Thursday, April 11 to 7801 E. 88th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46256, email@example.com or fax 317-872-1567; attn: Jessica Seitz.
The regional director is charged with the specific responsibility of ensuring a quality student experience through effective chapter operations. The regional director is the first line supervisor of chapters, chapter officers and chapter advisors.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the chapters in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, currently 22 chapters. Including ensuring deadlines are met and that policies are being followed;
- Setting goals for the region in the areas of membership and fraternity event registration;
- Conducting officer training;
- Recruiting, training and maintaining a Regional Management Team; and,
- Maintaining communication with the Heritage Center staff, Management Team and the Southeast Region.
Alpha Kappa Psi extends its gratitude to Richard for his years of service to the Southeast Region.