Alpha Kappa Psi is seeking nominations for a volunteer to fill the position of Southwest Regional Director. Howard Chang, the current SW RD has resigned his position, effective May 31.
Parties interested in the position must be nominated by a student or alumni chapter, the fraternity president, a member of the fraternity board or the CEO. A nomination from a student or alumni chapter must be accompanied by the signatures of eight (8) members in good standing. Eligible candidates must be an alumni member in good standing.
Interested individuals should submit their intention for candidacy and submit a fraternal and professional resume on or before Thursday, May 23 to 7801 E. 88th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46256, email@example.com or fax 317-872-1567; attn: Jessica Seitz.
The regional director is charged with the specific responsibility of ensuring a quality student experience through effective chapter operations. The regional director is the first line supervisor of chapters, chapter officers and chapter advisors.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the chapters in Arizona, California and Nevada, currently 27 chapters. Including ensuring deadlines are met and that policies are being followed;
- Setting goals for the region in the areas of membership and fraternity event registration;
- Conducting officer training;
- Recruiting, training and maintaining a Regional Management Team; and,
- Maintaining communication with the Heritage Center staff, Management Team and the Southwest Region.
Alpha Kappa Psi extends its gratitude to Howard for his years of service to the Southwest Region.