INDIANAPOLIS (December 18, 2018) — Alpha Kappa Psi announces 2017 – 18 Fraternity Award winners in four main categories: Outstanding Chapter Programming, Outstanding Chapter Leaders, Outstanding Volunteer Leaders, and 2017 – 18 Chapter of Operational Distinction.
Alpha Kappa Psi extends gratitude to the awards selection committee. The awards selection committee reviews all submissions to determine a fraternity-wide recipient for each core value.
- Leslie Brinker, Old Dominion ’76 – Life
- Will Curtis, Texas at San Antonio ’10 – Life
- Victor Lee, Florida Atlantic ’01 – Life
- Alicia Neumann, Saint Louis ’96 – Life
The winners will receive a glass plaque as well as an invitation to present for Ignite (if appropriate) and a feature in The Diary of Alpha Kappa Psi.
Collegiate and alumni chapters who meet the Fraternity’s minimum standards are eligible to apply. There is no cost to apply for Fraternity awards, and all submissions were due June 1. Awards will be presented at each PBLI location in 2019.
Outstanding Chapter Programming
Kappa Chapter – University of Oregon – Pacific Northwest Region – Service
Outstanding Chapter Leaders
- Nanika Kalsi-Deep – Queen Mary University of London – Chi Eta Chapter – Northern Atlantic Region – Integrity
- Liam Walsh – Carnegie Mellon University – Omega Psi Chapter – Eastern Great Lakes Region – Service
- Nahtasha Shook and Paige Ketcham – Washington State University – Beta Lambda Chapter – Pacific Northwest Region – Knowledge
- Kesha Kanakiay – Georgia Institute of Technology – Epsilon Sigma Chapter – Atlantic Gulf Coast Region – Brotherhood
- Lois Johnson – Georgia Institute of Technology – Epsilon Sigma Chapter – Atlantic Gulf Coast Region – Unity
Outstanding Volunteer Leaders
- Alison Bayard – Southern Delta Region – Chapter Advisor of the Year (co-winner)
- Elise Rudy – Central Atlantic Region – Chapter Advisor of the Year (co-winner)
- Andrew Walker – Carolina Coastal Region – Regional Manager of the Year
Scott Todd – Pacific Northwest Region – Section Director of the Year
2017-18 Chapter of Operational Distinction
This award is for chapters that have managed to achieve Tier Three – Best in 3 of the 5 below sections—
- Member Sustainability
- Member Cultivation
- Member Growth
- Financial Stability
- Chapter Organization
Epsilon Chapter – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – Eastern Great Plains Region – is a Chapter of Operational Distinction.
Congratulations to all of the winners for the 2017 – 18 year!