Alpha Kappa Psi is seeking nominations for a volunteer to fill the position of Valley Crossroads Regional Director (VC RD). Brandon Phelps, the current VC RD, has resigned his position, effective June 30.
Parties interested in the position must be nominated by a student or alumni chapter, the fraternity president or the CEO. A nomination from a student or alumni chapter must be accompanied by the signatures of eight (8) members in good standing, excluding a member of the Fraternity Board of Directors. Eligible candidates must be an alumni member in good standing.
Interested individuals should submit their intention for candidacy, the necessary signatures, and submit a fraternal and professional résumé on or before Wednesday, April 29, 2015 via one of the following options:
- Mail: 7801 E. 88th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46256
- Fax: 317-872-1567; attn: Jessica Seitz
The regional director is charged with the specific responsibility of ensuring a quality student experience through effective chapter operations. The regional director is the first line supervisor of chapters, chapter officers, chapter advisors and section directors.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the chapters in the region. Including ensuring deadlines are met and policies are followed;
- Setting goals for the region in the areas of membership and fraternity event registration;
- Conducting officer training;
- Ensuring the financial stability of chapters within the region;
- Recruiting, training and maintaining a Regional Management Team; and,
- Maintaining communication with the Heritage Center staff, Management Team and the Valley Crossroads Region.
Upon nomination, qualified candidates will participate in an interview process with Area II Vice President Greg Patterson. Upon recommendation of the Area VP, the fraternity president and/or CEO will nominate a candidate to the Fraternity Board for appointment. Upon appointment, the RD-elect will shadow the current RD until taking office on July 1, 2015.
Alpha Kappa Psi extends its gratitude to Brandon for his service to the Valley Crossroads Region.