The Douglas M. Halka Library at the Heritage Center features two display cases devoted to historic items from the fraternity’s past.
After being lost for more than 40 years, the Holy Bible originally used by the Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) was recently restored by Alpha Kappa Psi and is on display at the Heritage Center in Indianapolis.
The bible was presented to the Gamma Chapter in 1927 by Fraternity President Everett Lord in appreciation of the chapter hosting the Convention that year in Chicago. The bible was used continuously by the chapter for rituals until the chapter closed in the late 1960s when the university discontinued its undergraduate school of business.
Stored away for decades, the bible was hidden in a trunk of items once belonging to the chapter. The widow of a former chapter president found the trunk in her garage and had it delivered to the Heritage Center for safekeeping.
The Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation has officially named 505 students to its 2011-12 All-AKPsi Academic Team — an all-time record. The team honors students who maintain excellence in academic standing while making positive contributions to their campus and community. Last year, 275 students were named to the team.
From among the team members, eight outstanding individuals will be selected as team captains in January and will receive educational grants from the foundation. This was the 13th year the foundation has sponsored the All-AKPsi Academic Team.
Alpha Kappa Psi is pleased to announce the installation of the Psi Iota Chapter at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. On December 3, Past Fraternity President Andrea Nemeth CFV, Montclair ’91–Life, proudly served as chief installing officer where 40 student brothers and one faculty brother were initiated into the Northeast Region’s 17th active collegiate chapter. This marks the 337th chartering of an Alpha Kappa Psi chapter.