This awards catalogue provides recognition opportunities for those individuals who demonstrate outstanding service to Alpha Kappa Psi. These awards spotlight the accomplishments of student/alumni members and non-members while spreading good will throughout the chapter, university and community.
Depending on the award, criteria and application deadlines may vary. Chapters are encouraged to plan ahead so they can fully take advantage of these valuable recognition opportunities.
Does your chapter have a recognition program? If not, below are suggestions to help your chapter get started:
- Have a committee within the chapter responsible for awards (either an awards or executive committee).
- Recognize members for different activities, especially those that re-enforce the vision and core values of AKPsi.
- Recognize the recipient of awards in a setting in front of the chapter (at a meeting, banquet, or event) or faculty/alumni if it is for a faculty/alumni member.
- Ensure that the entire chapter is educated on the criteria for each award.
- Present at least a certificate for each award; if monetarily possible provide a gift with each award (such as a plaque, an AKPsi trinket, inspirational book, gift certificate, etc.).