After being lost for more than 40 years, the Holy Bible originally used by the Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) was recently restored by Alpha Kappa Psi and is on display at the Heritage Center in Indianapolis.
The bible was presented to the Gamma Chapter in 1927 by Fraternity President Everett Lord in appreciation of the chapter hosting the Convention that year in Chicago. The bible was used continuously by the chapter for rituals until the chapter closed in the late 1960s when the university discontinued its undergraduate school of business.
Stored away for decades, the bible was hidden in a trunk of items once belonging to the chapter. The widow of a former chapter president found the trunk in her garage and had it delivered to the Heritage Center for safekeeping.