NOBLESVILLE (October 3, 2022) – Alpha Kappa Psi is excited to announce a new volunteer structure focused on better serving the needs of its collegiate chapters based on the findings from two Organizational Assessment Task Forces.
The first task force concluded the next step in revising the volunteer support structure was to design and implement a new volunteer structure aligned with the functional operations of chapters. This structure would also better support the needs of collegiate members, chapter volunteers, and staff.
In Summer 2022, the Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity Board of Directors commissioned the second Organizational Assessment Task Force to explore how to improve the volunteer structure to serve collegiate chapters’ needs better. The second task force, comprised of current and former volunteers, examined the critical role of the chapter advisor and how specialized teams based on functional operations could support the chapter officers and chapter advisor in improving an area of their operations.
As a result, eight functional needs were identified, and the same number of teams were developed to address those areas. This new volunteer structure is the evolution of the current regional manager system, expanding the knowledge and skills of these individuals across regions. The regional manager and chapter advisory board roles will transition into the functional team structure and broader fraternity volunteer structure.
For Fall 2022, the focus is filling open chapter advisor roles and recruiting volunteers for four of the functional teams. These functional teams are prioritized based on current needs.
- Recruitment and Member Education Managers (focused on the pledge program)
How does the new volunteer structure impact the current Regional Management Team roles?
Chapter Advisor (CA)
- The chapter advisor (CA) will continue to be the primary face-to-face volunteer and support for the collegiate chapter.
- Chapter advisors will be in close communication regarding the state of the chapters’ operations with their chapter educational resource coordinators (CERCs). Section directors and regional directors correctly reported in Volunteer Central will receive copies of staff communication.
- Chapter advisors are expected to be familiar with the Bridge to Brotherhood program and the chapter’s plan for its new member program.
Section Director (SD)
- As of August 2022, the section director role remains unchanged and regional directors may recruit and fill open positions.
Regional Director (RD)
- Regional directors will continue in their role; however, vacant positions will not be filled as the Fraternity Board of Directors and staff leadership continue to review the organization’s overall volunteer structure.
For further information, please consult the Volunteer Restructure FAQ.