January 9-10, 2021
About the Fraternity Advisors Conference
Volunteers need to continually learn and through a variety of methods. We’ve moved our Fraternity Advisors Conference to a virtual format using Zoom. It will still be a fast-paced learning environment with large and small group discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to network with peers and student members in this timely and focused event.
The Fraternity Advisors Conference (FAC) is an educational leadership experience designed to provide chapter advisors the knowledge and skills to effectively coach those you serve, self-awareness, chapter operations, understanding vision, and how to create a chapter success plan. Through focused discussion on Birkman Method Assessment content and using a servant leadership lens, participants are able to focus on member retention, teamwork, conflict resolution, and compromise. This experience will seek to provide participants with the necessary tools to coach those they lead, an opportunity to assist the chapter president to create a Chapter Success Plan, and the necessary tools to assist the chapter in fulfilling its purpose.
Takeaways, Accommodations and Expenses
Which positive attributes can I acquire?
- Effective communicator and listener
- Manage internal conflict
- Represent the chapter
- Represent needs and wants of the chapter and help meet those
What is gained from attending?
- Assist chapter officers with the development of a chapter success plan
- Construct a path for approaching difficult situations
- Demonstrate responsible decision-making and personal accountability
- Demonstrate the ability to coach others
- Describe servant leadership as an approach to advising
- Develop a fraternal network
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Implement a feedback model
- Practice a commitment to servant leadership
Any volunteer, properly reported, within the Management Team structure is eligible to attend this event. Registrations will be limited to the first 120 volunteers who register.
What is the dress code?
Smart Casual. Remember, while this may be a virtual educational event, you’re still representing yourself, your chapter, and the organization.
Which expenses are covered with registration?
- Virtual Event Registration
- Participant materials
- Access to the Birkman Method Assessment Report Set
- Access to Small Group Facilitators and various student members